What is Acne?
Propionibacterium acnes (P acne) is a skin bacteria that performs an important function. When the balance of the P acnes bacteria is optimal, it prevents colonization and proliferation by other bacteria such as Staphylococcus, which is also present in the skin. P acne uses sebaceous secretions (oil produced by glands in the skin) as nutrients.
An overproduction of hormones creates waste which must be eliminated because the body cannot utilize the excess hormones. This waste is eliminated through the skin in the form of excess sebaceous secretions (oil production) in the skin. This in turn causes plugs of sebum and keratin to become lodged in hair follicles.
When those plugs rupture, P acne overproduces and creates infection leading to inflammation and pus-filled pockets. We call these pus filled pockets acne.
How should we treat acne?
Antibiotics and antibacterial soaps: attempt to kill bacteria in order to “cure” the condition. Unfortunately, this causes an imbalance in our resident flora and enables resistant bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus and Acinetobacter baumannii to flourish.
Antibiotics also destroy the intestinal bacteria, which can lead to many other symptoms such as the following:
• Difficulty losing weight, sugar/carbohydrate cravings
• Frequent fatigue, poor concentration
• Frequent constipation or diarrhoea
• Faulty digestion, acid reflux and other gut disorders
• Sleeping poorly, possible night sweats
• Painful joint inflammations/stiffness
• Bad breath, gum disease & dental problems
• Frequent colds, flu or infections
• Chronic yeast problems, candida
• Acne, eczema, skin & foot fungus, etc
• Extreme menstrual or menopausal symptoms
• Allergies and food sensitivities
Acne drugs: all acne drugs have side effects. Specifically, the chemicals that comprise these drugs are treated as waste to the body which must be eliminated. This puts stress on the organs, glands, and the entire body as it works to expel the poison being introduced. Some known side effects include: hair loss, depression, psychosis, mood swings, violence, suicide, inflammatory bowel disease, liver and heart problems.
Birth control pills cause weight gain, nausea and irregular bleeding. They also create the risk of blood clots, heart problems, and stroke.
Hydrocortisone: eventually thins the skin and wears down its natural immunity, leading to more outbreaks and poor skin.
Oil Stripping: compromise the skin’s hydrolipid barrier, cause skin to lose protein and water and become sensitive, wrinkle-prone and irregular.
The real cure:
Before any of the above treatments are considered, we should note that although conventional medicine has generally dismisses diet as the real cause of acne, the absence of acne in non-westernized cultures suggests that nutrition is an important factor.
The modern western diet consists of primarily sugar, grain, and grain/corn-fed animal meat, all of which increase levels of the insulin hormone in the blood and lead to formation of acne.
The most effective way to eliminate acne forever is to adopt a lifestyle that promotes hormonal balance and does not stimulate excess hormone production. Correcting your body from the inside is the only thing that really works in the long term.
Things that cause acne:
Foods to avoid because they stimulate excess hormone production and/or create hormone resistance are:
- Grains, nuts and beans (unless they are first soaked and sprouted)
- Refined sugar
- Meat or dairy from grain-fed animals or animals who receive growth hormones
- Table salt
- Fried anything
All medications must be avoided because they also stimulate the hormones, and create waste that may be eliminated through the skin.
All toxic skin-care ingredients – Click Here to see the list
Things that prevent acne (click links for more info):
- Organic, grass-fed beef, lamb and game animals – minimally cooked for maximum Omega 3 and protein nutrient absorption.
- Eggs and meat from free range, natural chicken
- Unpasteurized dairy from organic grass-fed animals
- Royal Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Fruit should only be eaten with fat such as raw chocolate, cream, eggs or milk in order the slow the sugar absorption rate
- Organic, non-gmo vegetables
- Plenty of raw milk or coconut kefir, or a Probiotics supplement to promote bacterial balance
- Kundahlini Yoga to cleanse the skin, liver and all other organs in the body.
- Skincare that feeds, and does not poison the skin.