Our higher self aka the Universe aka God offers guidance through instinct toward that which serves our best interest. By trusting ourselves, we are more receptive to those instincts; and when we follow them, everything else easily and gracefully falls into place.
Although we are conditioned, through our focus on what we know of the material world, that instinct is predominantly necessary for protection from harm and the will to survive, our higher self has infinite other aspects expressed through instinct. The world is only hostile to the extent that we make it so, and when we focus on our need for protection and accomplishment predominantly, we hold ourselves in vibrational patterns that attract more of the same.
Most of us only know God as protective and reactive because these aspects are the most relevant to what is “known” in the material world. We can move beyond these two God-aspects when we open ourselves to guidance toward a state of peace and pure being – which is the birthright of everyone.
Here are the steps I take to explore the more spiritual aspects of instinct:
- Meditation – with eyes closed, a quiet mind and attention to breath, our source energy can communicate directly with every cell in our bodies. This allows our whole body to receive information that will direct us toward the realization of our true desires.
- Acceptance – by allowing everything to be as it is now, we are open to new and ever-expansive possibilities.
- Gratitude – appreciating all that we are projects a vibratory pattern that attracts more to appreciate.
- Faith – knowledge that all the beautiful and wonderful possibilities that we can imagine have already been given. This minimizes doubtful thoughts, thereby allowing us to be more aware of our guidance.
- Joyful action – doing what feels inspired at the time from a perspective of expecting to always create deeper joy throughout our journey in this life experience.
- Love – allowing ourselves to see everything and everyone through the eyes of love is the truest expression of God into the life of the world. When we are in love with everything, we are one with everything, and then we can experience God as pure being.