- 3 Cups Firm mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbl fresh grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, cut into pieces
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBL Unheated Honey
- ½ Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Fresh Raw Whey
- ½ Cup Spring Water
Mix Mango with Ginger, Peppers, Onion, Mint and Cilantro and place in a quart-sized, wide-mouth mason jar. Press down lightly with a wooden pounder or meat hammer.
Mix remaining ingredients and pour into jar, adding more water as necessary to cover all other ingredients. Make sure the level of all ingredients is at least 1 inch below the top of the jar to make room for expansion.
Cover tightly and leave at room temperature for 2 days before transferring to the refrigerator. Eat within 2 months.
Adopted from Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon