Nutrition is a very important component of our health. Every nutrient, anti-nutrient and toxic substance has an effect on the body, and that determines our health, beauty, energy levels and vitality.
Eating natural foods in a form that is easily recognized, absorbed, assimilated, utilized and eliminated supports the radiant body for a lifetime.
Uncooked fat which has not been heated above 118° Fahrenheit is extremely healthy and beneficial to our bodies.
That’s right! The most feared nutrient in America is actually the most important one for beauty, vibrant health, fitness, weight loss, brain function, toxin elimination, mood elevation, a feeling of satiety and more. It has been disparaged by the media and through education as something that makes us gain weight, and thus should be consumed in very limited quantities.
Fat goes with everything, and it’s a good idea to eat raw fat with everything. Below are some examples of good quality fat:
– Butter, cream, whole milk
– Fatty wild salmon or yellow tail
– Cold pressed coconut, olive or nut oils
– Cacao Butter
Consider buying as few foods from boxes or cans as possible. Eat whole unprocessed and preferably uncooked food – this means fruit, vegetable juice, meat, dairy, eggs, fish and oils.
Since conventional animal products and produce have been seriously degraded by current farming standards, it’s very important to adhere to the following:
- Beef, red meat and dairy products should be organic and from 100% grass-fed animals.
- Organic means the animal was given no hormones or antibiotics, and only ate chemical-free food.
- 100% grass-fed preserves the proper Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio making beef and other red meat a very healthy food.
- Dairy products only have health benefits when raw (not pasteurized and not homogenized).
- i. Pasteurized means heated to kill the bacteria. When you have healthy cows, the milk only contains beneficial bacteria which are great for digestion; and enzymes which are catalysts for every bodily process. When dairy is heated, dead bacteria and enzymes remain which cause allergies and illness.
- ii. Homogenization is used to crush the fat molecules in milk so that the fat does not rise to the top. This changes the molecules to a form that is harmful to the body.
- Chicken and eggs from animals that were free to graze on grass and bugs, and were fed the least amount of soy possible. Not only is soy an unhealthy food for people, but it also negatively affects the Omega profile and taste while it increases toxicity in chicken and eggs.
- Fish should be fresh and wild – with the exception of muscles like oyster and clam, farmed fish is given substandard feed which negatively affects the nutritional content. Most fish is contaminated with mercury. So it is of utmost importance to eat fish raw so that the mercury can be easily excreted from the body. If it is eaten with plenty of raw fat, or fatty fish is eaten, raw fish can chelate mercury previously stored in the body.
- Fruit should be fresh and organic or preferably biodynamic so that the body does not have to process the toxic residue from chemical fertilizers or sprays.
- Vegetable nutrients are encased within cellulose which cannot be easily accessed by the action of the human digestive tract. However, the nutrients are very much available when vegetables are juiced but not pasteurized. Alternatively, vegetables can be eaten lightly steamed.
Follow your instincts – when choosing from whole foods as described above, eat as much as desired while paying attention to how the food makes you feel – using trial and error to get the proper balance.
Nuts, seeds, whole grains and legumes aka beans have to go through a process of soaking and sprouting in order to be digestible. Specifically, these foods naturally contain enzyme inhibitors which impede digestion, and phytic acid which also blocks the absorption of many minerals in the intestines.
Eating the non-soaked and sprouted version of these foods leads to mineral deficiencies, bone loss, and suppressed thyroid function.
Once sprouted, nuts and seeds can be made into butter or dehydrated so that they are crispy. Grains and legumes can be further processed by cooking.
Grain is a sugar spiking, mucous-forming food with few available nutrients. If making grain a staple food for budgetary reasons, in addition to soaking/sprouting, it is beneficial to combine slow-cooked homemade broth with every meal.
Our bodies need as much water as we desire. While water is essential for radiant health, too much water bloats the cells and puts extra stress on the kidneys. Fresh, raw food contains a high water content which is easily processed for efficient hydration. Thus, supplemental water may not be necessary unless we are subject to very hot weather or we engage in strenuous exercise.
The quality of water is far more important than the amount because whatever is not absorbed by the cells puts stress on the system that counteracts the hydration benefit. Water is most beneficial to the body when it’s free of harmful chemicals, it contains a natural balance of minerals and the molecules are small enough to be absorbed by the cells.
The best water contains little or no contaminants from pollution and has been filtered through the Earth. When water filters through the earth, it picks up a vibration that can synchronize the rhythm of the body to its ideal frequency.
Next to fresh unheated vegetable juice, good water is the healthiest drink choice. Herbal tea is beneficial in moderation. However, caffeine dehydrates the body and taxes organs and glands, thus it’s best to steer clear of coffee and other stimulants as much as possible.
A wonderful tonic that can increase energy consists of still mineral water with 2 TBL apple cider vinegar, juice of a lime and a tablespoon of unheated honey. This may create a mild nauseas feeling at first, while the body is eliminating large amounts of surface toxins. But, this is an amazing energy drink that enhances vitality more and more over time.
Soda is just a concoction of chemicals which are very damaging to the body. A healthy alternative is naturally sparkling (no co2 added) mineral water (Gerolsteiner or Perrier), and a less healthy alternative is natural soda that is made with mineral water and honey or stevia (Dr. Tima).
Artificial sweeteners such as Equal or Splenda are neurotoxins and should not be consumed by anyone under any circumstance.