- 1 Whole (pref. free range, non-soy fed & fertile) egg at room temp
- 1 Egg Yolk at room temperature
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1-1/2 TBL Lemon Juice
- 1 TBL Fresh Raw Whey
- ¾-1 Cup Extra Virgin, Stone Crushed Olive Oil
- Pinch of Himalayan Crystal Salt
In a food processor, mix Egg, Egg Yolk, Mustard, Salt and Whey. Process about 30 seconds or until well blended. Using the attachment that allows liquids to be added, add olive oil drop by drop with the motor running. Taste and check seasoning. You may want to add more Salt and/or Lemon Juice.
Let the Mayonnaise rest at room temperature, well covered, for 7 hours before refrigerating. It will keep several months and become firmer with time.
Adopted from Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon