Thought creates immediate energy blockages in the body. If blocked energy is not released, it leads to mental and physical dis-ease. Remember to pause between thoughts, focus on breathing slow, and send the breath all the way to the pelvic floor to free up energy and enliven your Life.
1. Drinking naturally sparkling (no CO2 added) mineral water with lime juice and 1 tbl of unheated honey supplies the necessary enzymes, hydration, oxygen and alkalizing minerals to help your body eliminate the physical and energetic blockages that can cause headache. Also, be mindful of any food cravings, and eat the fresh, raw version of those foods.
2. Lie in a comfortable position and practice long deep breathing with focus on the breath until a very calm feeling comes over you. Then allow any thoughts that spontaneously come to mind and be present with them, just noticing what feelings come up. With each thought and feeling, gently remind yourself that all is well, and that you are free to release all tension around the thoughts that evoke any feeling of tension.
3. While sitting in a comfortable position, breathe with normal but somewhat forceful breath – in while bringing your shoulders up like shrugging, and out while letting your shoulders come down – Repeat 20-30 times. This can readjust the bones in the neck and head.
4. Accupressure is another method used to release blocked energy and restore balance to the body: With the middle or index finger and thumb of one hand, apply pressure to the area between the thumb and index finger of the other hand (see illustration). Apply various amounts of pressure to different points in this area until the pain is reduced to a more comfortable level. Using the same amount of pressure – use small, gentle circular movements on that point for 1-2 minutes, then release the pressure gradually.
When experiencing a headache that is the result of detoxification (such as after alcohol), supplying the body with drugs (including headache medicine) or toxic food/drink can alleviate the symptoms quickly. While this is great for temporarily getting back in the swing of things, this also creates more toxicity which may create more unhealthful symptoms in the future, and is thus not recommended for optimum health.
– Relax the facial muscles – let all tension in the face release
– Keep the lips gently closed – all breathing will be through the nose
– Take a slow, deep breath through the nose so that your breath fills the bottom of your abdomen (near the pelvic floor first), and allow the breath to fill and expand the abdomen, then feel it move up the lower back as the muscles around the spine expand. From there, allow the breath to fill the chest from bottom to top, until the breath moves into the throat area.
– On the exhale, gently and slowly release the breath from the throat, chest, sides of the spine and abdomen.
– At the end of the exhale, contract the abdominal muscles in order to express all of the breath.
Throughout this way of breathing keep the breath long and light, with no pause (not holding the breath) at any time, even between the inhale and exhale.