The fifth spiraling energy center in our being is the Throat Chakra. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is “Vishuddha,” which means, “Purity.” The fifth chakra is the first chakra that focuses on the spiritual plane, in a form of faith and understanding, for when it is open and balanced, the chakra syncs the powers of our heart, our personal domain, and our mind, our physical domain.The fifth chakra contributes to an understanding of the power of choice, as this power makes up every aspect of our lives. The power of our choices is highly connected with faith, in that we make our choices with either faith in our fears or faith in the Divine. Through this faith and choice connection, we hold the power of creation itself!
The Throat Chakra is located in the back of the throat, which is associated with the neck, jaw, ears, teeth, upper lungs, gums, mouth, esophagus, and the thyroid gland. The throat is the main center of our telepathic and verbal communication. Communication is done through self-expression, not only that of our own, but also through others’ expressions, in which the aspect of “listening to what others have to offer” is an important part of a balanced throat chakra. Due to the fifth chakra’s location of between the mind and the heart energies, it is important to make decisions uniting the energies of the heart and the mind, in order to understand and break through any patterns of wanting change but fearing the change at the same time. When making choices using both of the head and heart energies, without any judgments (fear) or expectations, we are putting our faith into the Divine and living in our Truth, which will allow healing, empowerment, and more of what is wanted out of life!
The throat chakra governs our ability to make decisions both mentally and emotionally, by acting as a bridge between the Heart chakra (love and forgiveness) and the third eye chakra (thoughts and mental energy.) The fifth chakra gives the ability to listen to our inner voice as well as the voice of compassion and wisdom, known as the Divine voice. Through understanding and trusting the combining of our inner voice and the Divine voice, we are able to live freely from judgment and fear. This act is known as living in our Inner Truth (intuition), meaning we will no longer have a need for enoforcing any beliefs or opinions onto others, as we may speak our truth with compassion and confidence, so as not to threaten others by personal beliefs and opinions. Through this Inner Truth, we can live in personal power with confidence and consciousness, all achieved through our thoughts and emotions!
The fourth spiraling energy center in our being is the Heart Chakra. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is “Anahata,” which means, “stillness.” The heart chakra is in the middle of all the chakras and is our main emotional center. When the heart chakra is balanced, it is able to help propel our emotional development by recognizing that love is the most powerful energy we have and by learning how to embrace this energy.
The Heart Chakra is located in our heart center, which is in the center of the chest and just between the shoulder blades, slightly above our physical heart. Since this energy center is located in the middle of the other chakras, the higher and lower chakra energies are integrated at the heart chakra. Therefore, when the fourth chakra is balanced, one will have more compassionate and positive emotional perceptions through all other chakras, allowing a great improvement in the quality of life.
The Heart Chakra governs our ability to unconditionally love. With this ability, we are able to accept and appreciate any challenges we are faced with, and understand that they will contribute to our conscious evolution. As the first three chakras focus on our loving connection with the physical world, the fourth chakra focuses on our loving connection with ourselves based on our feelings of our own thoughts and emotions. The most physical and spiritual act to improve our feelings about thoughts and emotions is forgiveness. Forgiveness is one of the most effective ways to love and nurture yourself. By forgiving yourself, as well as others for the past or the present, emotional healing begins. Attaching to emotional wounds involving others may only hurt ourselves, as they are our personal emotions, therefore, forgiveness and release of the attachments to these emotional wounds will allow us to be free of the pain and suffering by acting out divine love and compassion!
The second spiraling energy center in our being is the Sacral Chakra. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is “Svadhisthana,” which means, “dwelling place of the self.” The second chakra focuses on passion and emotional health and well being. A balanced sacral chakra will lead to ultimate communication with all other chakras.
The sacral chakra is located in the lower abdomen, about an inch above the naval. Aches, pains, and tingles in the lower abdomen region are a sign of an imbalance in the sacral chakra. As soon as the emotional issue is resolved, the symptom will be relieved. The sacral chakra is associated with the reproductive organs, hips, sacrum, low back, and kidneys. It also is involved with all of the liquids in the body including, the circulation of blood, urine, menstruation, and tears.
The sacral chakra governs issues regarding interpersonal relationships involving passion, sexuality, and creativity. This chakra holds an inherent duality, also known as yin/yang. Understanding these dual energies is the key to attracting relationships, which help us to better understand ourselves. Likewise, these opposite energies allow us to make the choices of interacting with others whom support spiritual development and releasing relationships, which stunt personal growth.
The first spiraling energy center, or chakra, in our body is the root chakra, also known as the base chakra. The Sanskrit name of the 1st chakra is “muladhara,” which means base or root. This chakra controls the grounding energy that connects and empowers our earth energies and overall being. The root chakra caters to the need of feeling grounded and supported in all aspects of our lives.
The root chakra is located at the base of the spinal cord, generally between the sex organs and anal. Due to its location near the genitals, this chakra deals with our physical beings’ regenerative aspects. Also, since the 1st chakra is at the base of our beings, every other chakra receives empowering energy based on how much the root chakra is open to letting the energy stream through to those other chakras.
The root chakra governs issues regarding physical self-preservation. It also relates to feelings of protection, security, self-confidence, abundance, stability, and primal procreative urges. An open and balanced root chakra instills feelings of belonging, expectation that physical needs are already met with ease, self-confidence, and ultimate happiness and freedom in life.
Helichrysum essential oil has been known as one of the most sacred oils of all time. The French synonym of helichrysum is Immortelle, which means everlasting, as it is used throughout Europe for many medicinal and healing purposes.
Helichrysum is known to open the heart and clear old emotional wounds and suffering.
Helichrysum is regarded as a sacred and spiritual oil due to its ability to assist an emotionally exhausted and debilitated mind, as it is a releaser of Chi throughout the mind and body.Thus allowing Helichrysum to help one release the deepest of repressed emotions, restoring love, freedom, and compassion to the eternal soul.
– Botanical Name: Helichrysum Italicum
– Botanical Family: Asteraceae
– Derived From: Helichrysum Flowers
– Origin: Morocco
– Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled from the flowers
– Aroma: Woodsy, Spicy, Strong, Honey-like
– Physical Description: Thick consistency, transparent, orange-red color
– Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are Reiki charged by Hope Johnson. The Helichrysum essential oil offered here has been charged with the intent to connect the mind, body, and spirit.
Helichrysum is extracted through steam distillation of the fresh flowers. The oil comes out to a deep orange-red color and it’s aroma is very woodsy, spicy, honey-like, and extremely strong. The Helichrysum plants can grow up to 2 feet tall and are brightly colored, daisy-like flowers.
Please note that there are many different types of Helichrysum flowers, however, only the Helichrysum italicum is used for aromatherapy purposes.
– Emotions: Helichrysum is made up of the chemical components of alcohols and esters, which help one to be calm and relaxed, thus being a very effective stress reliever. Helichrysum contains the highest amount of Neryl Acetate, a serotinum, which greatly helps with the assist of deep emotional work; encourages spirituality; opens the heart and clears old emotional wounds and suffering; clears mental exhaustion; restores love and compassions; connects the mind, body, and spirit.
– Skincare: Used to treat dermatitis, eczema, and inflammation. Helichrysum contains a high concentration of di-ketones, which are compounds containing two carbonyl groups, which assists greatly with inflammation and regeneration of cells. Thus allowing Helichrysum to heal wounds, scar tissue, and aged scar tissue.
– Physical: Helichrysum contains a compound called Hepatic, which detoxes the liver, allowing release of congestion, neutralized effects of nicotine and caffeine, and helps cure herpes. Helichrysum is also used for arthritis, rheumatism, asthma, and muscular aches and pains. One of the main components of Helichrysum is serotinum, which includes a high level of Neryl Acetate. Neryl Acetate gives the oil its anti-spasmodic properties, which allows muscle relaxing, as well as muscular knot releasing effects. Helichrysum also contains curcumenes, which are potent inflammates that help release inflammation as well as heavy metals throughout the body.
Helichrysum essential oil, applied to an open wound stop bleeding very quickly and encourages rapid healing. It’s also great for sunburned skin. Blend 2-5 drops per tsp of jojoba or other very emollient carrier oil and apply often.
– Spiritual: Releases deep and subtle emotional trauma, allowing patience and relaxation; Stimulates right side of the brain, increasing creativity; increases dream activity; when used in meditation, it encourages spirituality and personal growth.
– First Chakra: Represents Courage, Passion, and Loyalty. This chakra allows one to be grounded and connected to the Earth.
– Second Chakra: Connects Spirituality and Sexuality; Promotes Creativity and Procreation
– Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra instills the ability to adapt to new situations and ideas, by enhancing inner strength
– Fifth Chakra: Calms and opens the heart; promotes love, compassion, and patience. Heals emotional wounds, especially sexually traumatic energies
– Physical Flower: Red, Orange, and Yellow
– Oil: Red, Orange, and Yellow
– Etheric: Yellow, Blue, Orange, and Red
Contraindications: Avoid during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Methods of Usage:
– Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a strong woodsy and honey-like aroma. Note: Helichrysum should not be used undiluted on facial skin, and should only be used undiluted on the skin for fragrance purposes only, as it is too concentrated to be healing when used neat.
– Blended with Carrier: Use 5 drops per 1 TBL of carrier oil such as grapeseed, rosehip, jojoba or hazelnut oils, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
– Bath: Place 8 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse.
– Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 5-7 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and the body can be rinsed again, or not.
– Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
– Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.
Technique to Release Emotional and Physical Scars of a Painful Past:
Come into a cross-legged pose, or sit in a chair with your back straight and feet on the floor. Center your self by paying attention to your breath, with the intention to relax and release. Let 2 drops of Pure Helichrysum essential oil (or diluted to your taste) fall in the palm of your hand, then bring your hands together at your heart and gently rub the palms together.
Stop rubbing the palms together, and then deeply inhale the aroma while you keep re-directing your attention back to the breath for about a minute. Then move your arms out to the sides – level with the shoulders – with your palms facing straight up.
Breathe long and deep while you hold your arms out to the sides. Do it for as long as you can, and don’t be afraid to challenge yourself!
When you can’t hold your arms up any longer, bend your elbows and slowly bring your arms in to the side. Then sit quietly and meditate for at least another minute.