Lavender essential oil is widely known as the “universal oil” and the “all purpose oil,” due to its array of medical benefits and chakra balancing characteristics. The name lavender is derived from the Latin word lavare, meaning, “to wash,” as the oil is anti-bacterial and has a nice and clean aroma.
A French chemist by the name Rene-Maurice Gattefosse was working in a factory and had burned his arm, with nothing around him but a large tub of lavender essential oil. By reflex, he dove his arm into the tub and discovered how relieving the oil felt on his burnt skin. Soon enough, he had also realized how quickly his burn had healed, without any scarring left behind. Gattefosse then started experimenting with not only lavender, but also all different essential oils and their therapeutic properties.
Lavender essential oil promotes the opening of the heart and stimulation of the crown chakra, which when stimulated, one is more open to recieving the world and its wonderful gifts it has to offer. Regular use of 100% Pure Lavender Essential Oil will provide for optimal health and well-being.
– Botanical Name: Lavendula Officinalis
– Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
– Derived From: Flowering Tops of Lavender Plants
– Origin: France
– Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled from the Flowers
– Aroma: Floral, Fresh, Sweet, Clean-Scent
– Physical Description: Colorless, light and thin liquid
– Blends with: Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Honeysuckle, Juniper Berry, Lemon, Mandarin, Melissa, Myrrh, Neroli, Orange, Patchouli, Peppermint, Pine, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Spikenard, Tea Tree, and Vetiver.
– Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are Reiki charged by Hope Johnson. The Lavender essential oil is charged with intent to help ultimate healing of the mind, body, and chakra balancing.
– Emotions: Lavender essential oil helps to balance the emotions, as it is calming and uplifting. It greatly reduces anxiety, depression, and nervous tension. The oil has the ability to remove nervous exhaustion and mental restlessness, while increasing productive mental activity, mental ease, mood stability, concentration, and relaxation.
– Skincare: Lavender essential oil is widely used in many gels, infusions, lotions, and soaps. Lavender’s effective skincare properties include, antiseptic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial. Lavender helps to heal the skin and face from acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, and eczema. On the body, lavender is extremely effective on wounds, cuts, burns, sunburns, scars, and reducing the formation of scar tissue.
– Physical: Lavender contains a chemical component, linool, a naturally occurring terpene alcohol chemical found in many flowers and spice plants. Linool gives the essential oil its pleasant scent. This scent is a very effective insecticide and can be used to repel lice, nits, and mosquitos, as it is the main ingredient in most insect repellents. Lavender essential oil aids digestion, treats stomach pains, colic, flatulence, vomition, and diarrhea. The oil is known to improve blood circulation, lower blood pressure, and treat asthma, throat infections, sinus congestion, bronchitis, whooping cough, laryngitis, tonsillitis, flu, cough, and cold. Lastly, lavender may be used as an excellent pain remedy for sore muscles, backache, rheumatism, sprains, muscle tension, and joint pain.
For any physical pains or dis-ease, place 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil on the area experiencing the issue and gently massage. For any respiratory disorders, the oil can be inhaled through a vaporizer, or 2-3 drops can be massaged into the throat, chest, and back.
– Spiritual: Lavender essential oil is known to balance all of the 7 chakras. It is also an excellent stimulator of the conscious mind and the third eye chakra. Lavender resonates with the powerful energy of the moon and cleanses negative energies. The oil greatly increases mind, body, and spirit health, while promoting love, peace, protection, purification, and prosperity!
– First Chakra: Root Chakra – Represents Courage, Passion, and Loyalty. This chakra allows one to be grounded and connected to the Earth.
– Second Chakra: Sacral Chakra – Connects Spirituality and Sexuality; Promotes Creativity and Procreation
– Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra – Instills the ability to adapt to new situations and ideas, by enhancing inner strength
– Fourth Chakra: Heart Chakra – Calms and opens the heart; promotes love, compassion, and patience. Heals emotional wounds, especially sexually traumatic energies
– Fifth Chakra: Throat Chakra – Promotes sense of trust in the divine plan. Promotes clear communication with others and the Divine!
– Sixth: Third Eye – Integrates the conscious and subconscious mind
– Seventh: Crown Chakra – Invites and encourages direct communication with the Divine
– Physical Flower: Purple and Blue
– Oil: Clear
– Etheric: Silver, Gold, Blue, and Green
Methods of Usage:
– Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a strong woodsy and honey-like aroma. Note: Helichrysum should not be used undiluted on facial skin, and should only be used undiluted on the skin for fragrance purposes only, as it is too concentrated to be healing when used neat.
– Blended with Carrier: Use 5 drops per 1 TBL of carrier oil such as grapeseed, rosehip, jojoba or hazelnut oils, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
– Bath: Place 8 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse.
– Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 5-7 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and the body can be rinsed again, or not.
– Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
– Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.